Pages

Friday, January 21, 2022

What A Life

The past week or so there had been an awful smell in the room that I share with Hannah.  At first I thought it might of been the cats so I checked around but nothing, then I realized that I hadn't taken the trash out for a week, so I did that and opened the window to air the room but the smell was still there.  It smelt like plastic.  Yesterday morning Hannah was studying when she noticed smoke, at first she thought it was just dust floating up. When she looked closely she saw that one of the plugs was burning!  Apparently she had too many things plugged into the extension cord and the plug had over heated.

It had burnt through to the back!

Rather bad!
Then last night we had an earthquake!

I know this is Japan and earthquakes happen a lot.  But where I live we don't get that many.  Until the Kumamoto Earthquake in 2016 I could count on one hand how many quakes I had experienced and most of them were very small!

Last nights earthquake was a magnitude 6.3 at the center but here a 3!  It hit just after 1 am.  We haven't had any after shocks but  nearer to the epicenter they have had a lot of after shocks.  According to the news it could take up to a week to settle down!  I know I panic easily but I think part of it is that it's the middle of the night. Things always seem worse at night!


No comments:

Post a Comment