Pages

Friday, January 14, 2022

Going Cold Turkey

 On January 3rd I stopped eating anything with sugar in it! At my last check up I was boarder line diabetic, so the doctor said I had to lose weight or go on insulin.  So I am trying, but it's bloody hard.  I stopped sugary things but am eating too many cards.  Bread, rice and pasta make up a large portion of our diet, cheap and filling!  Fruits are so expensive,  about 5 pounds for a dozen strawberries!  Some veggies are cheap enough but I don't want to eat salad when it's so cold.  I should try making soups but most days I'm running around trying to get every thing done that I don't have time to spend ages in the kitchen.  Even with the kids helping out there is a lot to do!

Stopping sugar has helped.  Before I was racing off the toilet every two hours, which made sleeping very difficult.  Now I can go for 4 hours!  I don't feel that heavy and my fuzzy brain fog has lifted.  I did eat one small chocolate on Mikey's birthday, but felt awful after, nausea and headache.  So I can see that sugar is not good for me.  I hope that I can stick to it this time.  I am trying to think what to eat instead of carbs but I think that will take some time to sort out.  I made a good start just have to be consistent!


4 comments:

  1. Great start to the new year! What about making a pot of veggie soup? Good way to eat lots of veggies plus being warm to eat.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a slow cooker, you can put the soup ingredients in it in the morning, turn it on, and then a few hours later you'll have soup! You would most likely have to keep the cats away from it though. (I bought my slow cooker at a second hand shop here, it was never used, so it wasn't too expensive.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I make veggie soup in mine plus beef stew. Really a good time saver.

    ReplyDelete