Pages

Monday, January 3, 2022

New Year's Resolutions

 This year I haven't made any!  It seems that I always make the same ones, make more money and lose weight!  And every year the opposite happens, gain weight and lose money!

Why does this keep happening to me?  Why when I set goals I never seem to get close to them? I've been thinking about this for the past few days, what is the magical blueprint to a better life?  One thing I've realized for myself is that I'm not consistent in what I do.  From studying Japanese to keeping the house clean I do bits and bits but never any consistency.  For example Ill spend half a day cleaning the yard but not do anything again for a month or so, going out every other day to sweep leaves, pull weeds etc would be better but I don't do that!  So this year instead of resolutions I've decided to give myself a motto "Be Consistent".   Let's see how that goes.

One thing that I have to get better at is my Japanese.  31 years in this country and my Japanese is very bad.  David told me about a video he watched about Mormon missionaries preparing to go abroad.  According to this video they are given 8 weeks to prepare during which they have to learn the language of their mission country. 8 weeks isn't enough time to learn everything so they focus on learning what is needed to witness about their faith, then when they are in their country they learn what ever else they need.  I thought this was a good idea so I'm going to focus on learning what I need to teach, how to explain grammar etc.  I need to get better at using Japanese to teach English!


No comments:

Post a Comment