Pages

Friday, January 28, 2022

Should I Worry?

The past week a few students have called to say that they can't attend this weeks lessons.  Most of them are attending local junior high schools or high schools that have an outbreak of Omincron Variant in their school.  Hannah has had no work this week because the 3rd grade students from the local school were sent home on Monday or Tuesday and were told not to go out for a least a week.  So that had me a bit worried but this morning we got a call that one of Mikey's students has tested positive for the virus.  Fortunately she was absent last Monday so I'm hoping that she hasn't exposed Mikey or the other kids!  I guess it's back to wiping down everything with alcohol after each lesson and having the windows open, even though it's cold! David suggested having plastic dividers up on the desks but I don't see the point of them, the virus is in the air and can fly round the dividers.  The only way to be 100% safe is to wear a hazmat suit with filtered air.  
This past week I've been trying to cook fresh foods as much as possible, making vegetables are larger part of the meals.  It's the only way I can think of boosting our immune systems.  On Wednesday I made a big pot of meatball soup, very nice and warming.  Because I know the kids would feel it isn't enough I made bacon muffins and corn muffins to go with it.

Bacon Muffins

Corn Muffins
I want to boost our immune system because I don't want to get sick, not just covid but colds or flu, I just don't have time to be sick!


1 comment:

  1. Cook with a lot of garlic and ginger when you can as these help boost your immune system. Be sure to get plenty of vitamin D, too. Don't be afraid of the viruses (well, actually viri is correct, if I remember my Latin properly). Probiotics are helpful too....yogurt, home made tsukemono, kimchee, natto are all great because they help your immune system and they fight "bad" bacteria and viri. All the members of the onion and garlic family are great.

    ReplyDelete