Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

First Jab

 I got my first corona virus vaccine today. No big deal I know but I was really nervous about getting it.  When the vaccine first came out I was so happy.  I felt that this is the only way forward.  Every time I or one of the kids go out I worry that we could get covid 19, especially with the new variants.  I was upset that it seemed to take so long to get things going with the vaccine, also so many people refusing the vaccine.  But when I got my letter to get the vaccine I started to really worry about it.  Is it safe? What are the side effects?  Will I get sick?  I realized that the idea of the vaccine and the reality were very different.  I know that whatever we put in our bodies effects us, whether food, drink, medicines or vaccines.  For myself too much sugar makes me tired and lethargic, coffee has me climbing the walls.  Medicines seem to be okay but once I was given something for constipation and I couldn't leave the toilet, I think it was a bit too strong! So having a vaccine which has reported side effects is a risk but so is not having the vaccine.  I feel I would rather risk the side effects than get covid!  I went to my local doctor, a place I felt comfortable, I've been using this doctors for over 10 years, so the staff know me and use easier Japanese that I can follow okay.

It went well, didn't have to wait long.  After the shot I had to wait for 15 minutes but I was fine so came home.  Next one is in 3 weeks time.  From what I've heard more people get sick after the second shot.  Hannah is having her second one on Thursday, hope she's okay.


Life goes on.  It's really hot and humid, 32C at the moment, 5:20 in the afternoon.  I feel so sorry for the athletes in the Olympics.  Tokyo is a heat island and the humidity is really high.  At least not having spectators means less people getting heat stroke!  When the games were first announced I wonder how they would deal with thousands of people packed into stadiums in the Tokyo heat!

This is what was left of David's cup noodle, he managed to knock the whole lot over himself!


No comments:

Post a Comment