Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Preparing for a Typhoon

 Every year the kids and I have the same conversation.  I check the Japanese Meteorological Agency if there is news of a typhoon.  The news coverage is good but goes to fast for me.  Last week I heard that we might get a typhoon on Monday so I went into preparation mode.  There's a lot of things in our yard that could fly around and could possibly hit the neighbours cars or houses.  It doesn't take long to pack up and take the stuff to my mother in laws house, there are large storage places there.  Also I like to make sure we have basics in, bread, milk and water.  So I'm trying to get the kids to help and all I get is "Mom it isn't  going to be bad here."  Which maybe true but I prefer to be ready, just in case.  I've experienced a few typhoons and if they are bad it can get really scary.  Anyway this time we managed to get planks of wood moved from the yard and I did some shopping, so we should be okay.  I'm a bit worried about the cats, they freak out if we have a thunderstorm so I'm not sure how they will react to the sound of the wind!  Because of running around of Friday neither David or I felt up to cooking dinner, also we hadn't taken anything out of the freezer.  So dinner ended up being pancakes and ice cream with some fruit.  Not really healthy but nice!


Interesting dinner!

Hannah had her second vaccine but she got really sick from it.  She had the shot Thursday afternoon, went to work in the evening, came back okay but Friday morning she woke up with a 39C fever and joint pain.  She said it felt the same as when she had the flu! By Saturday lunch time she was okay but very tired!

So now waiting to see if this typhoon is coming.  The weather should start to get bad from this afternoon.  One good thing is that it will be a bit cooler!




No comments:

Post a Comment