Pages

Monday, August 23, 2021

My Birthday

 Monday was my birthday!

59.  I have no idea how I got to that age.  I was 40, I blinked and was celebrating my 59th birthday.  I have no idea that my life would turn out like this.  It's not terrible but it's not the happy ever after I was hoping for. I never wanted to be widowed at 50 years old, I never wanted to struggle with health issues,  I never wanted to be burdened with inheriting my mother in laws land and house ( and all the taxes and debts that go with that) but this is what I'm stuck with.  Health issues I'm trying to deal with but it's hard day to day to be in constant pain.  The only advice my doctor gives is to lose weight, easy to say but difficult to do!  The other things I just deal with day by day.  My kids are great, they help me out a lot.  They say and do things that remind of Hisao.  The other week Hannah and I were talking about the covid vaccine. I stated that I was really worried about side effects.  Hannah answered "You have to have the vaccine so what's the point in worrying"  That is exactly the kind of thing Hisao would of said!

To celebrate my birthday we got pizza.  I haven't had a pizza from a real pizza store since I've lived in Japan, 30 years and it was what I fancied.  Mikey went to pick up the order, the pizza was massive, we got a smaller one as well and David did fried chicken and french fries.  I couldn't move after, talk about stuffed but as a treat it was nice.  Couldn't eat like that more than once a year!


Attacking the pizza

Massive


Two big pizzas!

Today I got my 2nd vaccine.  Finally.  Christopher has made an appointment to get his.  His company will pay him to get the vaccine.  

And of course cats.  This is what I see when I come downstairs in the night, rather scary.

Feline of the Baskervilles!

Fluffy in a headscarf


The boys were playing a game one evening.  Hannah was feeding the cats, she put a bowl of cat food in front of each lad, they all said thank you thinking it was some snacks!  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    This pizza IS massive! And looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete