Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2021

RAIN

 It's been raining constantly since Wednesday.  Not just drizzling but very heavy down pours.  There are five levels of warnings, from white which says to be on the alert for disasters to black which states that one must take measures to protect lives.  This morning when I checked the news our area was black.  That's scary.  Our house is okay as it is high from the road, four steps up from the road, then another two up into the house.  The yard worries me as it is higher but so far no problems.  I'm tired as I couldn't sleep well.  The emergency alarms on the cell phones go off, even in the middle of the night.  Of course I was the only awakened by it, everybody else slept through.  Things seems scarier at night, the rain sounds heavier somehow and because I can't see what is happening outside my imagination goes into over drive!

One good thing is that nobody has work.  But poor Christopher got called in this morning, his co workers car had broken down so he was asked to cover.

The cats aren't that bothered by the rain, thunderstorms are another thing!  

Yesterday I fell over my own shadow.  Early morning I was racing to get to the toilet.  Having two black cats I'm careful where I step when it's dark.  I saw something black out the corner of my eye, thinking it was one of the cats I tried to step over but miscalculated how close the other cat was, tried to miss that and fell over. I then realized that it was my shadow I had seen!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, reading your blog (August 14): It is heartwarming to see you are dealing with everything that comes your way, with apparent cheerfulness. I hope you are okay overall; it is some years since your dear husband ascended, and even though that is an unimaginable loss for this life, it seems your children are close to you, which is good to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julian, my kids are great. It's been hard but I'm trying to find the good things in life!

      Delete