Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Summer Holidays

 The typhoon passed us by.  The centre was south of us so we caught the edge, lots of rain and a bit of wind.  Some places got hit rather bad but we were lucky.

This week is my summer holiday and I'm spending it cleaning.....again.  I know clutter can't be organized and I have thrown out a lot of stuff but there is still too much.  Hannah and I share a bedroom, which is okay but she has so much stuff now, her textbooks, computer and printer take up a lot of room, also she has so many clothes.  I decided to see if I could make more space in the walk in closet (which we can't walk in at the moment).  I have a lot of big photo albums, which I love but don't look at that often.  Most of the photos are from when the kids were little so looking at them is bitter sweet.  Lots of lovely memories but also photos of Hisao and my Mom which still break my heart!  I decided to move these albums out of the walk in closet and put them in storage boxes under Hannah's bed.  Great idea but the albums are very large and I can only get three in one box so I would need six or seven boxes!  I was thinking of choosing the best photos and putting the rest in storage in mother in laws house.  But that seems like a big project.  Another thing is all my journals.  I've kept some sort of journal since I was 18, so lots of books.  Again I don't read them but like having them.  But they take up space.  David suggest typing them out, especially since my handwriting is bad.   Another big project but maybe something I should do!

Other than cleaning I am trying to think about what to teach the young students I have.  I feel very limited because I can't explain a lot and feel very inadequate in my teaching.  I need to make some worksheets and reading sheets. I hope I can get some things done and not waste this holiday!

We have a little visitor that keeps coming.  Looks like a stray cat, Hannah puts food out for him.  I would take him in but I don't have the money for vets!  I'm going to make a shelter for him so in the cooler months he will have somewhere to stay warm.

Our visitor

Fluffy using David's book as a pillow


No comments:

Post a Comment