Pages

Monday, August 16, 2021

David's Birthday

 Sunday was David's birthday.  The rain actually stopped for the day so getting to the store was okay.  Decided on sashimi and yaki niku dinner, basically raw fish and grilled meat.  One problem is that his birthday is on Obon, one of the big holidays in Japan.  It' the time when ancestors come back home for a day.  It's a chance for families to get together and enjoy nice food and lots of alcohol!  I got to the local supermarket before it opened, there was already a line!  Managed to get what I wanted, plus found some lamb, which I was very happy about.  I think in 30 years here it's only the 2nd time to see lamb at a local supermarket, I usually buy it from Costco.

Took some photos and of course I look awful in them but I will post them here!  No nasty comments please!

Nobody looks good in this one

David

Mikey


Lamb, I got two packs

Yaki niku

The plates in front of Hannah are the fish.
We put the cats in the corridor while we ate, the temptation of the fish would of been too much.
Cats getting their dinner.





No comments:

Post a Comment