Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

October

 I can't believe it's already November! 

October was a very busy month.  The first week was preparing students for the English Proficiency Test.  Lots of moaning from the students, most are upper elementary kids or junior high school kids.  They were tired because of sports day practice at school so moaning and saying they are tired is normal.  We managed to get them to focus, which got great results, about 90% of them passed.  The ones that didn't just missed by a couple of points.  I'm very proud and happy about that!!

The last week was Halloween parties, lots of games.  Mikey found some scary stories to tell the older kids,  some of them got really scared but they enjoyed it.

I enjoyed playing games with the kids as well.  After the intense classes this was a nice break, but back to more study lessons..... until Christmas!


Mikey with one of the girl's classes, this got very noisy but lots of laughter

The 28th would have been Mom's 84th birthday.   Twenty years since passed away.  I still think about her a lot.   Every time my kids do something I think that it's something I would have called Mom about!

I never think of her as she was when we last saw her, just a year before she passed, in my mind she is like this




I think in her 30's here!!  

So November, just two months until the New Year.  I still have a lot to do, especially getting the other house ready.  Step by step!!  This month is going to be hard as Hannah will be staying in the city to do her teacher training.  She starts tomorrow but couldn't get an apartment until next week.  So she'll be here over the weekend and move on Monday!!  She is looking forward to living by herself, I'm not!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment