Pages

Saturday, November 25, 2023

Toast

 No not the bread type but our little black cat!  He has run away.

Yesterday as I was letting in my student,  Alan, our other black cat, was trying to get out, so I got distracted.  Showing my student into the teaching room, putting the student's shoes away and pushing Alan out of the way, all at the same time.  I closed the front door and I thought locked the latch but I think it didn't catch properly.  A few minutes later Christopher said that the cats had gotten out.  He managed to get them back except for Toast.  Toast just took off!!  We put food out, looked around the garden, in the outside storage room and under the car but no cat.  I decided to wait until about 6pm, which is dusk here and a good chance that Toast is getting hungry and would be out looking for food.  Christopher and I walked around the neighborhood for a while but couldn't see him.  Came home and put more food out for Toast.  Problem is we have a stray cat that comes and goes, so he was hanging around and I think eating the food.  Christopher and I went out again at 9pm but still no Toast.  I went out again at 12:30 last night and early morning.  

I'm devastated that we have lost another cat.  I read about a Japanese urban legend that says you should ask stray cats to help find your lost cat.  So this morning I saw the stray cat and talked to him about Toast.  I don't know if that will help but I honestly don't know what else to do.

I had to tell Hannah, I didn't want to but she gets back next week and if Toast is not here she would be very upset and angry.  

Toast

I hope he comes back soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment