Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Toast Came Back

 Early Monday morning Toast turned up!!

Saturday and Sunday I walked around the neighborhood, checking under cars, in trees and in people's yards but no sign of him.  Late Sunday evening I put more food out, I stood on the porch shaking the food but no Toast, just the stray cat!  So I decided to try the Japanese urban legend and told the stray cat about Toast, Christopher went out and said the same thing in Japanese.  Five hours later Toast came back!  I'm so happy about that!!

He's back!!

Unfortunately, my neck is bad again.  Another herniated disc.  Started Tuesday morning, I was hoping that it would correct itself and I wouldn't need the doctors.  But last night I couldn't sleep, lying down sent shooting pains down my left arm, so I sat on the sofa from 2 am.  Today went to the doctor, got an x-ray, which showed that there is no space between the vertebrae, and it's pinching on a nerve.  Had treatment with a TENS machine and a heating pad, that felt nice.  Got a month's worth of very strong painkillers. I really hope this rights itself soon as I have a lot to do.

Hannah is in her last week of teacher training.  I think she has learned a lot, not just the teaching part but also about living by herself.  She calls every day, which is nice for me.  This morning she called and said that she thinks she is overtired,  I asked why, if she was okay to go to school.  She said that she had put coffee in her cereal bowl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment