Pages

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Cats

 The cats are missing Hannah.  She usually feeds them and plays with them a lot.  She also sorts them out at night! With nine cats there are fights and almost fights every day.  During the day it's easy just to separate the figthers until things have calmed down.  At night it's easier to put the ones that usually fight in different rooms.  Recently Alan, Steve and Frodo are in the corridor and David's room, the other 6 are in the living room.  That works out nicely and most nights I can sleep until about 5am when they start demanding breakfast.

The other night we had them sorted out and everything was quiet until 3:30 in the morning.  I could hear cats fighting, so I called to Hannah to go and sort them out.  After shouting for her two or three times I remembered that she wasn't here. So I got out of bed to see who was making the noise.  I went to David's room (he was at work) and saw Mama cat, which I thought was very strange, when I went to bed she was locked in the living room.  I decided to go downstairs to use the toilet.  When I got downstairs I saw that the front door was open.  Panic, how many cats had got out.  I went to close the door when the stray cat that we feed came charging down the corridor and ran out.  He has similar colouring and marking to Mama cat so it was him I saw upstairs.  I counted the cats, everybody was there.  Steve, the white cat was covered in seeds and bits of leaves.  So I think he went out but found it too cold and came back in and the stray cat followed him.  It's now just after 4am,  I'm tired and wanted to sleep more.  But the upstairs cats decided that it was breakfast time!!  They sat outside my door crying for food, they sound as if they have never been fed!!

All great fun!!!  I miss Hannah at these times as she has more energy to deal with things!!!

Mama

Steve
These photos were the next day, Steve was so tired!!!

Hannah is doing well.  She gave her first lesson today, math!!  It's the one subject she really struggles with and is glad that it is over and done with.  She calls in the evening so we video chat for about half an hour.  She called earlier asking about making dinner, which order should she cook things as she only has one gas ring to work on.  She seems to be okay, tired but I guess that is normal.  Here she only has to go to university, and do her part-time jobs, there she has to take care of everything in the apartment and go to school.  I think it's good for her but the house seems quieter without her.  David took some selfies (again) he said I could send them to her!!


David's selfies!!



No comments:

Post a Comment