Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Sick Cats, I'm Stressed

 The other day we had to take Steve to the vet.  He wasn't peeing and the bit that came out was blood. Looks like inflammation, again. He got a shot and some medicine.  He is a bit better but the vet said that he was stressed because of the other cats.  He is still peeing a bit of blood but he is a lot better.  I'm trying to keep him calm and away from the cats that he fights with.

Today was Alfie's turn.   Not peeing and throwing up.  Christopher took him to the vet but Alfie has to stay in for a few days.  His bladder is full and the vet isn't sure if the vomiting is from poison from the pee or straining to pee.  I know that he is in the right place and they will take good care of him but the cost is worrying me!

Also with all these things happening I really don't know how I will cope living at the other house.  Here everything is within walking distance.  Supermarket, drug store, doctors, dentist and even the city hall are within 5 minutes walk.  The vet is opposite the dentist.  The other house has nothing nearby, to live there you need a car!!  Very inconvenient.  When we lived there before I walked to the supermarket, took 2 hours altogether!!  I can't drive and I have desire to learn (and no money).  Mikey and David can drive but we only have one car and again no money for a second one!! Christopher needs to get his license but again no money, most of his wage goes to paying for his scholarship and phone.  This is the problem for a lot of young people in Japan, wages are very low but the prices are very high.  The minimum wage is about 1000 yen an hour, about 5 pounds.  There is no overtime pay, some places may pay a little but a lot of places expect you to work overtime for nothing.   

So as always, I'm trying to find a way to make more money.  The only way I know is to teach but we are not getting any new students.  I have to find a way to do that!!


Steve

Alfie


2 comments:

  1. Would it be possible to find a house to rent near your house now?
    I love animals, but if you could find homes for some would that help with expenses? Sorry, that things are so worrisome for you. Take care
    wishing the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe more people would be willing to take lessons if you also offered zoom classes. Commuting takes time and sometimes you may not enough people needing lessons in your area. But the online lessons are available to anyone willing and may still be done as groups or individual! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete