Pages

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Influencers

 This is a generational thing I think.  I really don't get the hype behind watching somebody else's life. Surely we should be living our own best life, not just scrolling through social media to watch what someone else is doing. There again I hope some people are reading about my life, kind of hypocritical I know!

I will admit to watching some videos that are of people's lives.  One is a Japanese lady in her late 60's.  She makes videos about her parent's house and garden that she takes care of.  The videos are nice and gentle, she talks about growing old and keeping healthy, the call of the garden center and all the plants she wants. Everything is in Japanese but with English subtitles.  It gives me a chance to learn Japanese in a relaxed way.  The other lady I watch is a young mother of five children, she makes videos of the meals and obentos she prepares.  She uses vegetables that I've seen but never used, also everything is budget-friendly, I can get a lot of tips on saving money while still preparing healthy meals.  Again it's in Japanese with English subtitles, I've found that I understand a lot more of what she is talking about than the lady with her garden!!   

What I don't understand is the people making videos just to be a nuisance. There have been a few here in Japan that are giving a bad name to other YouTube creators.  One such guy was arrested for trespassing on a construction site.  He was filmed walking onto the site without a care for his safety or the safety of the workers.  Before that he was filmed making fun of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, shouting in crowded trains and getting into people's faces.  All this just to get a few clicks.  Another guy tried to ride the Shinkansen for free, he also walked into a hotel restaurant, and got a free breakfast.  Again just to get people to watch.  He at least apologized but I think he was more sorry for being caught.  This has led to a few places banning filming which is a shame.  Japan is a beautiful country and should be documented by people living and visiting here but because of a few idiots, it is going to get harder to do that.   

Complete change of topic!

Another accident with a cat.  Frodo this time, he was on the top of the cat tower and managed to fall off, not only did he fall but he took down part of the tower with him!!

Frodo on top, his nose is a bit red!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment