Pages

Monday, October 16, 2023

Halloween Table

 I finally managed to set up the Halloween table.  I wasn't going to bother this year as I had to move books and bookshelves to make space but I realized that would be the last time.  This time next year we should be in the other house and I just won't have space for a teaching room. We'll be using the community centers to teach in, Mikey had been volunteering at some of them so they know who we are and what we have to offer.  

So yesterday I moved all the books and shelves from one side of the room to the other.  As I was doing this I found a lot of trash, old prints, books that were so out of date and not being used and flashcards that were unreadable.  I was ruthless in throwing out stuff.  I think this is the new me.  I know I can't move everything, the other house is less than half the size of here.  Also, the way we teach now is different and I hope better than before.  I used to need a lot of materials as I had little confidence in my ability to explain things in Japanese.  My Japanese is slightly better, I can use the translation app on my phone and if that fails I just shout for one of the kids to help explain.  So for now my teaching room looks nice!


Nice and simple this year

Yes, that is a Christmas tree.  I've seen this done in different stores and always thought it was a good idea.  I have a lot of Halloween tinsel and didn't feel like trying to hang it around the walls!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment