Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

It's Not Me

 The past few weeks have been awful for me.  I've been depressed (more than usual), crying at every little thing, brain fog, aches, and pains.  

I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.  Yesterday was the tipping point, I was watching the Last Night of the Proms, all the patriotic songs. I was tearing up, when Jerusalem started I lost it.  I've listened to these songs many times and I'm always moved but not sobbing.  Then I got a message from a friend about sending money through Western Union, I went to the home page but couldn't make heads or tails of it.  I realized that recently even following simple recipes has become harder and harder. I used to be able to follow recipes in Japanese but now even English has me rereading them many times.  I ache all over, my joints are painful, feels like the flu.  This has been going on for the past few weeks but I couldn't figure out why, I'm eating healthy, most of the time, I'm getting some exercise and sleeping okay most nights.  It hit me last night that I had stopped taking the medicine for cancer!!  The medicine has something to do with hormones, when I started it I went into the menopause.  From nothing to full-blown menopause symptoms.  I think my body got used to the medicine and now that I no longer have to take it I'm experiencing some kind of withdrawal.  Just figuring that out is a load off my mind.  I really thought I was losing the plot!! 

I really don't want to go on other meds if I can help it, so am going to try and see if there is something more natural that I can use.

I'm just glad that I figured this out.  Having a reason for feeling like a crazy old woman helps.  Talking about being crazy I finally lost it with the cats the other night.  They were sleeping on the mattress, again.  I was desperate for the toilet so ran across the mattress, which made the cats bounce up and down, waking them up.  They gave me really dirty looks, honestly if looks could kill!!  Even Sam, who loves to be petted and cuddled gave me bad eyes.  This cracked me up, so 3 a.m. I'm sat at the top of the stairs, laughing so hard I ended up crying, still desperate for the toilet but unable to move!!  All part of my crazy life!!

Snuggled on the mattress

With David!



No comments:

Post a Comment