Pages

Friday, October 13, 2023

It's The Season......

 for allergies!

I have allergies all year round but spring and autumn are awful.  2 or 3 hours of non-stop sneezing.  Constant runny nose, itchy eyes and sinus headaches.  I've been taking over-the-counter medicine for about 20 years, sticking to the same medicine as I have found it helps without a lot of side effects.  Until yesterday.

I woke up with my nose dripping and my eyes really itchy.  I knew that it was going to be a two tissue box day if I didn't take the medicine.  So I took two capsules at 6am.  Kind of helped but still snuffling and sneezing too much.  So at lunchtime I took two more.  I figured that a 6-hour gap between doses would be okay.  I was wrong!!  An hour after I took the medicine I felt my heart racing.  I ignored it for a while.  I've had heart palpitations many times and every time I went to the doctor I would get told that there is nothing wrong with my heart.  But now that I'm older every little thing makes me panic.  So I did a Google search for heart palpitations and antihistamines.  Turns out that one of the chemicals used can cause heart palpitations.  I was relieved to find out that was the cause.  But what to do?  I need to take the medicine but hate this feeling of my heart racing!!

I didn't take the medicine last night and felt my heart rate settle down.  This morning I had to take some and again my heart is racing.  Looks like going to the doctor.  I don't want to as I really don't have time.  I'll see how things go this week.  Hopefully, the intense allergies will stop soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment