Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

It Was Worth A Try

 My GoFundMe page has been stopped.  Something to do with Paypal.  There are some restrictions and can't connect PayPal to my page in Japan.  Never mind.  I'll see if there is another way to get money but I know that the bank I use is very suspicious of money coming into Japan.  A friend sent me 500 dollars at the beginning of the pandemic, I got a call from the bank to ask why I was getting this money.  Took half an hour to get them to understand that my friend just wanted to help out.  If it was a very large amount I can understand them being suspicious of money laundering.  

The best way, the only way I've ever made money is to teach English.  So I'm going to ask the kids to put out leaflets.  Also, see what can be done about our homepage.  There aren't that many independent English schools here so I don't have competition.  Just try to keep going.  This month is Halloween Parties, so the students can invite friends which is a good chance for them to meet us and see what kind of classes we have.  I'm trying not to freak out too much.  If the worse comes to the worse we will have to get a loan. I guess that would be cheaper each month than the rent!!

The weather has cooled down.  The other day was so nice and cool that I made a Victoria Sponge.  Nice with a cup of tea.  




Turned out nice

I know this isn't good for me but a small piece with a cup of tea was just the thing.

Even though I haven't been that good with my diet and exercise I have still lost a kilo.  Slow going and if I made a bit more effort I would do better but I'm happy with a kilo loss, better than going up a kilo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment