Pages

Monday, October 2, 2023

Weather

 It has cooled down so much the last couple of days!

Last week the highs were still 32 or 33C.  Yesterday and today just 27C.  Last night it dropped to 19C. Guess who's happy!  I can't believe how alive I feel.  The hot humid summers are really too much for me.

Yesterday I moved a lot of furniture out of the house, nothing really heavy but difficult to hold.  This morning I cut down some of the trees here, swept out the garage, and made a nice lunch.  Now I ache and feel tired, but it's a good tired.  The kind of tiredness that one gets from working hard and getting things done.  I have a couple of lessons to do and of course cleaning but I don't feel that I can't do it.  I'm hoping that this month I can really get things moving along.  

Next month Hannah has teacher training in an elementary school in the city.  She is excited and nervous.  She is busy preparing her lessons.  It's a lot of work for her, plus she has her usual classes and 2 part-time jobs.  Some days she leaves at 7am and isn't back until 10pm.  We message during the day, she asks for cat photos, so I send her some.  It's hard to believe that she is so grown up.  This morning she had to wear her suit, another interview at the school, she had on her contact lenses and makeup,  I just stood wondering where my little premie had gone to!  She has a crazy sense of humor.  Yesterday morning she was laughing at the crows, they sounded like they were swearing, calling 'Feck, feck, feck'. This cracked her up!!

The cats have taken over the mattress I'm trying to throw out.  It's in the upstairs corridor, leaning against the wall.  Last night the cats pulled it down and have gotten comfortable on it.  

Comfy cats
It takes up the width of the corridor so I have to run over it.  It's like an obstacle course getting to the stairs!!



No comments:

Post a Comment