Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Starting Over

 I always thought that people in their 60's were settled.  That their house, career and relationships were set for the rest of their lives.  Doing a quick search starting over after 60 came up with so many results.  Some were web pages giving information for those starting again but some were heart breaking blogs. People whose marriages fell apart after 30 years.  Some who business went belly up because of the pandemic.  Some who were recovering from disease and especially in America where medical bills can eat up life savings in a couple of months.  Reading these blogs gave me a wake up call.  Moving is not what I want, not at my age and not with my health.  But my kids are willing to help, financially and with the work that needs to be done.   They don't want to move either but are trying to think of ways to make it easier.  

Another thing that is driving me crazy is the weather. It is still very cold here.  The average temperature for here is about 9C during the day, dropping to 3C at night.  The past week it hasn't got up to 5C in the day!  This constant cold is unusual.  We usually get three days of cold weather then a week of milder weather then back to cold.  


Cold, cats snuggled together


No comments:

Post a Comment