Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Diabetes

 My doctors appointment went better than I thought. Had blood and pee test, glucose is still high but not diabetes.  I have medicine to take for the next month, then check again.  I was expecting a long lecture on what to eat, on how bad I've been, how I should exercise etc but all he said was to not drink soda or fruit juice and drop at least 5kgs.  Bit worried about the medicine, one side effect is diarrhea.  The doctor said that might happen the first few days, problem is I start back to work on Friday, I hope I'm not running out the class every few minutes!  

So I really have to be serious about loosing weight.  I did great in November but December I got side tracked because of Christmas.  I started again after my doctors visit on December 28, stopped sugar and cut carbs a lot.  I still need to figure out what to eat as white rice is a staple here and we eat a lot of rice!  I checked out brown rice but it's very expensive.  2000 yen for 2kilos.  White rice is 1500yen for 5 kilos! Another problem is finding whole wheat bread.  I've found brown bread but that is basically colored white bread.  I guess I'll have to experiement!  Should be interesting!

Hannah took an interesting video this morning of the stray kitten.  His reaction when he sees Hannah is funny.  The video isn't the best quality but it's cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment