Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Price Hike

 From tomorrow, June 1st, prices on 3,165 products will rise.  Wheat products of course but also mayonnaise and cooking oil, frozen foods and snacks.  I'm not sure what will go up but most of the things I buy will be more expensive.  I've bought extra flour to keep in the freezer, I don't use too much in the summer but come the autumn I like to bake.  Also stocked up on cup noodles, enough for a few weeks, we don't eat them that often but if everybody is busy they are quick for the kids.  

My usual reaction is to do nothing, just moan and worry about the situation. Today I decided to use that angry energy for something good. So I baked and cooked.

blackberries 

Apple and blackberry pie.
I picked the few blackberries that were ready and made apple and blackberry pie.
I also made scotch eggs, first time in Japan.  Whenever we went to England the kids enjoyed them.  But I've never found sausage meat here.  I realized today that I make sausage patties from minced pork so I decided to use that.  Turned out great!
Another item that is easy to make, filling and cheap!
Scotch Egg!
I also made a big pot of curry for lunch to use up the veggies in the fridge. Tomorrow I'll make Japanese Doria, basically baking the rice and curry with a cheese sauce on top. I'm looking for ways to use up left overs!




No comments:

Post a Comment