Pages

Friday, May 6, 2022

Overwhelmed

 I've just finished a weeks holiday and I feel more tired than I did before.

I spent most of my holiday cleaning and doing the garden, but it's never ending.  The kids help but they are busy with work and university.  Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to empty the ocean with a teaspoon! But I'll keep on.   I tell myself that one day it will be finished, at least I hope so!

Hannah has decided that I should study Japanese, which is true.  I understand a bit, especially daily conversations but I can't read or write.  Japanese has 3 different writing systems.  Hiragana, katakana and kanji ( the Chinese characters).  I still struggle to read, I can figure out things but not smooth reading.  Hannah has been making me prints to practice.  

Katakana and hiragana prints
I thought this would be a one time thing but she keeps sending me them.  Her train ride is an hour so she spends time on her phone making these and then sends them to me!  It helps.

The cats are driving me crazy.  They are indoor cats but they do escape sometimes.  Problem is we have stray cats coming around and I worry about the cats fighting. The one stray we took back to it's owner but a few days later he came back!
Fluffy
The picture of Fluffy is typical of her.  She sleeps on the edge of things and tends to fall off.  She doesn't get hurt but it gives me a fright!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your Japanese study :) Your daughter seems very thoughtful to help you in her free time.

    ReplyDelete