Pages

Friday, June 3, 2022

Shopping

 Yesterday I went shopping for the first time is the price hike.  I go to a discount supermarket for most things and a more expensive one for things that are unusual.  The lay out of the discount store is vegetables and fruits, fish, meat, dairy then the other goods, tins, four, oil etc.  At first I thought things aren't that bad.  Of course peaches were expensive, 600yen for two small ones, about four pounds.  Most vegetables were okay, same with the meat and fish.  But then I got to the flour.  Last week a kilo was 190 yen, yesterday was 220 yen.  Even the cheaper brand use to be 129 yen, now it's now 180 yen.  Oil has gone from 220 yen for a liter to 350 yen.  I noticed that most things have gone up over 20 yen.  That is a real price hike.  So I can see that my shopping is going to be more stressful!

The other thing I was shopping for was a new phone.  We need a house phone for the English classes.  We went to 3 stores but they didn't have any in stock. The Singapore lock down means that the stores haven't been able to buy any.

And I have the perfect excuse not to do the dishes.  Fluffy likes to sleep on the edge of the sink.

My excuse for not doing dishes


No comments:

Post a Comment