Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Oh bother

I survived hubby's birthday by keeping busy!  I had a few breakdowns but I could get things done.  But keeping busy by cleaning has depressed me.  This house is a disaster.  Everywhere is a mess and dirty!  I was so shocked, I knew I had let things go a little but I didn't think it was so bad.  The stove top was awful, I give it a quick wipe down everyday but hadn't really scrubbed it or the wall at the back, the front of the cabinets were bad.  I won't tell you how bad the bathroom was!!  So I have to get out of this funk and get cleaned up, easier said than done though.  Grief is exhausting work, add to that the stress of dealing with the day to day things, figuring out the legal stuff in a language I barely understand and the kids grief I can see why nothing much has been done.  I do the basics everyday but beyond that is too much. I've never been much of a housewife, I put things off, hate cleaning with a passion but also hate living in a dump.  I guess I should get something done today and keep doing bits everyday.
David manages to keep me laughing. I can see my husbands weird sense of humor in him. Yesterday he was helping out in the kitchen when he asked "How many dishes have I broken recently?  Not a very strange question given the fact that in the past 5 weeks he has broken 2 glasses, a plate, a soup bowl and another bowl.  I asked why.  He went on to tell me that at school he broke 30 dishes in one go.  He opened the cabinet to get something out, he banged the door shut and the shelves inside collapsed, breaking all the dishes inside.  His teacher just stood there with her mouth open. 
Then the other day David was changing his trousers in the living room.  I asked "Do you have to do that here" without missing a beat he answered "Yes, it's a public service"   Thanks David!
Mikey and David a couple of years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment