Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Money

Money is the bane of my life.  Even more so since hubby's death.  I don't have his income but my bills haven't changed that much.  We are doing okay, managed to pay the monthly bills on time but I need to save. Next year David wants to start college, the year after that Hannah starts junior high school, then Christopher might want to go to college.  This keeps me awake at night!  How to manage?  I need to buy some clothes for myself,  the kids need some stuff as well.  Food shopping is so stressful, without a driver I can't get to the cheaper shops. The local supermarket is okay but a bit expensive!  Also with the summer starting there is no way I can walk to the supermarket, so I have joined the local Co-op delivery service.  It's good but again expensive.  Then there is the problem of the air conditioners.  I want to run them, I hate being so hot and sweaty all the time, but with the electric going up by 8% I really can't afford to run them!!   Look out for lots of posts on how much I hate the summer!

In other news I managed to burn my finger the other day.  I was baking potatoes in the microwave.  I use a glass dish with wrap over the top.  I saw that the wrap was full of steam and knew it was hot but still opened it without oven gloves.  Had a lovely burn blister for a couple of days now it is bright red!

Poor finger!
Doesn't really hurt until I start washing dishes!  Good excuse not to wash them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment