Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hubby's Birthday

Today would of been hubby's 52nd birthday.  I still can't wrap my head around the fact that he is not here to share this day with us!  I know in spirit he is still here but I would of preferred him to be here physically.  I am wondering what to do to celebrate this wonderful man.  We usually do birthdays on the weekend if the birthday day is busy so I am planning on having a little party for us on Sunday. i am wondering if I am brave enough to watch some of our home videos.  There aren't many shots of Hisao because was usually behind the camera but we have a few.




Few photos of hubby
I've been wandering what my husband has left us!  Nothing material that's for sure, no insurance or savings.  But he has left us a legacy to follow.  His whole life, at least his whole life with me was to one goal, to make me happy, to make our kids happy.  He worked hard, he stepped outside the traditional role of a Japanese husband, he spent a lot of time talking with the kids.  After he died Christopher told me that Hisao had taken him to a restaurant as a secret treat, David and Mikey told me of long talks in the car and Hannah said that sometimes when I was teaching Daddy would come and sit with her and talk about when she was born. I know that many times we would talk well into the night and long drives were so wonderful because it gave us chance to connect.  These memories are the treasures that my husband has left us.  I think I was very lucky in my husband, he worked hard but he also understood the need to connect in heart, he was never afraid to speak his mind but he also had the most incredible sense of humor.  I miss him so deeply and days like this are hard to deal with!
I had better go and get some jobs done.  I have made this day busy on purpose otherwise I would be in bed crying all day!  This morning somebody is coming from the gas company is coming to fix our bath again.

No comments:

Post a Comment