Pages

Monday, July 24, 2023

Random Thoughts

 Mikey recovered quickly from his bout with Covid.  He was down for three days but bounced back quickly.  The rest of us are okay, we didn't get sick!!

I've been watching the news about the heat waves in Europe and the USA.  How do people live in such extreme temperatures?   Some cities are reaching over 40C,  Phoenix, Arizona is up to 43C.  Is it possible to go outside in that temperature?  Here it's in the mid-30Cs. I got sick yesterday just shopping!!  I was alright until the last shop, the air conditioning wasn't very strong and I started to feel hot!! Came home, and felt really ill until I could get in front of the air conditioning!  I feel sorry for Hannah, she has to walk about half an hour from her campus to the train station.  Going is alright as it isn't that hot but finishing in the afternoon she has to walk at the hottest time of the day.  I suggested that she should get a parasol, it might help a bit.  I really do wonder about people who have to work outside.  Yesterday I saw an elderly gentleman directing traffic near a construction site,  I wondered how long he would have to stand outside!! I know I couldn't do that.   I feel really sorry for the kids, summer holidays have just started but the kids can't really play outside.  One good thing in Japan is that the school pools are open to allow the kids to go and play there, there is some supervision which helps.  Otherwise the kids are inside all the time!!!

The cats are all spread out,  I know it's hot when the cats lie on their backs!!  Poor things!  They don't like the air conditioning but sleep next to the door so they get a cool breeze from the room!!!

blocking my door!!


No comments:

Post a Comment