Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Oh Bother!

 Feels like two steps forward, 10 steps back!

When my students renew their contract they pay a yearly fee, it's standard practice for most English schools and cram schools.  I don't charge a lot but it helps with covering prints that I make, snacks for the Halloween and Christmas parties and running the air conditioners and heaters.  I was looking through our accounts and noticed that a lot of students will renew this month.  Great, bit extra, maybe I can save some money.  But of course not.

As I mentioned we are in the middle of the rainy season, constant rain for days on end.  So I haven't done a lot of laundry, just what every one needs. It's so hard trying to dry everything inside, even with fans blasting on the clothes it takes a few days.  I was so looking forward to the weekend, couple of dry days, get the laundry done.  Filled the machine, pushed the buttons and nothing.  So I did what I always do when electronics don't work, I unplugged it and waited a bit.  Plugged it back in and watched as the lights flashed through the different wash cycles.  Then nothing, it just wouldn't start.  Unplugged it again and the same thing happened.  So my washing machine is broken.  Christopher took some laundry to the local laundromat, Mikey took more the next day.  But I need a machine.  Summer means lots of showers, which means lots of towels being used.  There is no way I can keep up with laundry without a machine.  I thought of handwashing but in the heat we are experiencing that would be a death sentence.  

David came to the rescue and ordered a machine but he doesn't know when it will be delivered.  He offered to pay but he should be saving for a car.  So that extra bit of money will go for a new machine.  Such is life I guess!!

Fluffy hiding from the storms
It wouldn't be my blog without at least one photo of a cat!  poor Fluffy really freaks out with the thinderstorms, she find the most interesting places to hide!!


No comments:

Post a Comment