Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Mikey

 This morning Mikey called me from his bedroom.  He asked for aspirin and a drink.  I took it up for him, he tells me he has a 39.9C fever! Other than that he felt okay, tired of course but no coughing, sore throat, nothing at all.  So we assumed that he was probably suffering from heat stroke, he's been working outside with the cotton candy business and driving Hannah to the city a few times a week (2 hours drive each day). He canceled our volunteer class and the classes he had this afternoon and just slept.  At 4 o'clock he decided to go to the doctor. He has Covid, but very mild.  He has to rest for 3 days then check again.  This also means we have to cancel classes.  I know it's not as bad as when the pandemic was full force but I would hate to be responsible for others getting sick.  Not sure what David, Christopher and Hannah are going to do about their jobs.  This is our second round with Covid. The first time David, Hannah and I got very sick, Mikey tested positive but very mild symptoms and Christopher tested negative.

I hope that this is finished soon.  Being sick with a fever is never nice but when it's so hot outside it makes cooling down a lot harder.

The cats have decided to sleep near my door.  I have an air conditioner running most of the day, there is a little bit of a cool breeze under the door so they sleep there.  The problem is my door opens outwards,  Sometimes it's difficult to open the door.

outside my door


No comments:

Post a Comment