Pages

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Catch Up Post

 The rain we had last week was really bad, some places near here were hit really hard, with floods and landslides.  Watching the news was very strange, places I know kept coming up.  One supermarket that I usually shop at had to close for a few days to clean up, and a truck full of food was thrown out.  The small town next to my mother in laws house was hit by a massive landslide.  It's the same mountain range that is behind the house!  I haven't been to the house for a couple of weeks, hopefully, I can go this week.  

We have a new laundry machine.  But the weather has been so bad that I still haven't caught up on the laundry pile.  Today is nice drying weather so I've already done some curtains and have a second load in at the moment.  I will win the battle of the laundry!

Proud Mommy time.  Hannah works part-time at a local after-school cram school teaching English. Basically helping kids with their tests.  Yesterday she had a meeting with the manager and other teachers.  The top 3 students who had improved their test scores in English were students that Hannah has been teaching!  I know the kids worked hard but so did Hannah, it's not easy trying to get the kids to focus after a day of studying.  I'm glad the cram school recognized Hannah's efforts, this gives her the confidence to keep going!  The cram school bought sushi for dinner, nice!

Sushi






No comments:

Post a Comment