Pages

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Nothing

 That's what I've done the past few days! 

Thursday and Friday I had no classes, so I planned to clean, sort out teaching materials and prepare some lesson plans for the next few weeks!  Also I thought that I could clean the at least one kitchen cupboard.  I didn't count on the weather being so bad and me feeling ill because of it!

From Wednesday night to today we've had heavy rain and thunderstorms.  I had a headache all that time, I took so many painkilers that I upset my stomach.  Of course the humidity was high, still is, everything feels damp.  The cats were freaked out by the thunderstorms and spent most of the time in boxes or hiding behind the sofa!  I'm grateful that the worse thing was a lousy headache because some areas were hit really hard.  Floods and landslides in a few areas. According to news sources one person died and two are missing in the worse rain on Saturday.  

Where we live now is safe, the house is above the road and there are no rivers or mountains nearby, so flood or landslides are not a worry!  The other house is a the foot of a mountain.  A few years ago, ove 10 because it was before Hisao died an area near the house had a landslide.  Everytime we get heavy rain or typhoons I worry about that place.  Not looking forward to living there!!!

This is a screen shot from Google Map.

The house
The building with the mark is the house the other buildings are the storage/garage. The garden is massive, plus there are at least 15 other pieces of land, most of which are bigger than this place. Next to the storage building is a stream that has been lined with concrete, it's very deep and carries the water off the mountain.  I'm not sure if it follows a completely natural course.   I've known it to fill up but not over flow.  But there's always a first time!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment