Pages

Friday, June 16, 2023

What Happened?

 Before I start my moaning some good news!  I went to the hospital on Wednesday, blood tests for cancer and diabetes.  Cancer test came back negative, good.  I only have one more appointment in September for all the scans and xrays, then my five years are finished!  The test for my diabetes was also very good.  I was first diagnosed in January and put on two different medicines.  Now I only need one.  The doctor said that if I keep up, I should be off the medicine by September.  I've lost a lot of weight.  From my highest about  6 years ago, I'm down 17kg (just over 2 stone,  37 pounds), most of that I lost this year.  Unfortunately, since Hannah's birthday, I've fallen back into bad habits, just a taste of this or a mouthful of that.  Got to get back to being strict with myself.  I do feel a lot better and I know that if I could drop another 10kgs I would have a lot more energy.

Now onto the what happened?  Monday morning, Wednesday morning and this morning (Friday) I went out.  Monday was shopping, Wednesday was the hospital and today to the other house.  I'm shocked at the state of my house, every single room is a mess.  I thought I had a good system in place but it all seems to have fallen apart.  One problem is that the deep cleaning that I do before summer hasn't been done.  The small space between the fridge and counter in the kitchen is full of dust, the kitchen cabinets need a good cleaning, as well as the fridge.  My bedroom has clean laundry on the floor,  I've been washing the winter things to put away but haven't finished as yet.  All the floors are bad, the cats are shedding and even though we brush them there is still a lot of cat hair all over.  And then there is the garden.  I can't wrap my head around how much there is to do.  I guess step by step.  My biggest problem is the heat.  Today was up to 31 degrees,  tomorrow and Monday will be even hotter.  My plan is to get up early and get as much done as possible before the heat starts.  Also, I'm reluctant to run the air conditioners as electricity is very expensive. I will let you know if my plans and reality match up!

Hydrangeas look nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment