Pages

Monday, June 19, 2023

Money

 This post is just me having a moan, feel free to skip it!

Money is the bane of my life.  I've never felt I have enough to really live.  Survive, yes, but to have fun money, money for trips or treats has been very little.  Here I am now 60 years old and still struggling.

If we didn't have to move we would be okay, again just surviving.  No extra money, just pay the bills, rent and buy food.  That's okay, not great but okay.  But we have to move, by January 2025 we have to be out of this house.  That's just 30 months away.  The problem is the house hasn't been taken care of.  It was built about 30 years ago but nothing has been done for its upkeep.  There is no toilet waste tank, the bathroom tiles have come off and need replacing, most of the outside rain spouts need replacing and it's too small so the storage area needs to be refitted to be bedrooms.  The bathroom sink has a leak in the waste pipe, that will have to be changed and any water damage will need fixing.  I have no idea about the roof or structural problems, there are some cracks outside, but I don't know how deep they are.  I honestly think pulling it down and rebuilding would be better.  But no money!!  I can't get a mortgage or loan because my age and my kids only have part-time jobs, which they will quit when we move as it's too far to come so I don't know if they can get a loan.  The only asset we have is the other land but that can only be sold to someone who wishes to farm it.  Even then we won't get that much!  

I'm now losing sleep over this.  It's hot, up to 32 degrees the past few days but I'm trying not to run the air conditioner as I don't have extra money for high electric bills.  I feel so sad and defeated.  

Just to make things a bit more miserable Mama fell from the banister yesterday.  I honestly don't know what's wrong with these cats!  They have slept there for the past few years and never had a problem, but now they keep falling.  So far Sam, Fluffy and Mama.  They all seem to land face first!


Poor Mama



1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your troubles. Would it easier to find a place close to where you are now? Kids could keep their jobs and you could keep your students? Maybe cheaper than trying to fix up the house ?
    Just ideas, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete