Pages

Monday, June 12, 2023

I Must Be Mad

 Friday and Saturday I felt really ill.  Fever of 38C, sore throat, earache and constantly snufflying.  I only had one lesson on Friday so I could rest but Saturday was very busy.  Every 2nd and 4th Saturday Mikey has classes at the local community centers.  He also has a lot of lessons here, so on those days I teach Mikey's classes as well as my own.  Of course last Saturday was the day he had to go to the community center.  Hannah taught one lesson but she had part time job during the other lessons.  I managed okay, gave the kids worksheets to do, which helped.  The hardest one was two 5th grade girls, they are lovely girls but they have so much energy.  Mikey did my last lesson so I could go to bed early, about 6pm!  I slept very well, I had taken a load of medicine.  Woke up early Sunday morning feeling a lot better.  Got a few chores done and decided to tackle the jungle aka the garden.

The entrance to the back garden
When I saw how bad it was I wanted to go back inside but I know if I do that it will never be done.  Christopher helped me.  I managed to chop down and dig out loads of weeds.  One is very invasive and stings even through the gloves I was wearing.  Spent about half an hour, which I know isn't enough but by that time I ached and was soaked in sweat,


HELP

Today I went shopping.  I needed to buy another fan.  I thought we had enough but when I was checking them I found a couple weren't working.  
Now I'm exhausted.  But still a lot to do, always is I guess.  We haven't been to the other house for over a week.  I'm not sure that I can actually do anything as it is getting too hot.  One thing I noticed was a few bushes of blueberries.  Hope to go and get some.


No comments:

Post a Comment