Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Jokes And Tall Stories

 We all have a crazy sense of humor in this family.  It helps when things are stressful to be able to laugh over small things.

The other morning I was saying about my age, that in a few months I'll turn 60.  David said that I was growing old like a tree.  A first I thought it was a compliment, that I was growing strong and graceful. Then I saw the big grin on his face and realized that he meant I was putting ring on every year!  I threatened revenge.  He made that easy for me by taking weird selfies with my phone!

David pulling faces!

Mikey loves a captive audience.  I try to avoid being in the car on long rides with Mikey as he tells these awful jokes.  But the other day I wanted to go to the supermarket that is in the next city, 30 to 40 minutes drive!  I braced myself.  This time though he spent the time telling me about Japanese history.  About a slave that was bought and kept as an animal.  He was the first black person in Japan.  Nobody knows what happened to him.  Where he was staying with his master was burnt down, the master was killed but nobody knows what happened to the slave, did he escape or was he killed as well.  Then we started talking about Hidden Churches.  There is a town near here that has some, I'm hoping we can go and see them.  The last story that Mikey had was about darts.  He said that the game of darts started from butchers.  That they would sharpen the bones and throw them at the cattle. The eyes are the hardest part to hit and that is why the center of the dart board is called a bulls eye.  I'm listening to this andsaying that it's very interesting and also wondering how Mikey knows such things.  He then smiles at me and says "Of course if this were true it would be very interesting". He had made the whole thing up and I had fallen for it...........again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment