Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Oh **** **

 Yesterday was such a great day.  I managed to do some chores I had been putting off, cooked a nice roast lunch and healthy dinner, wrote on this blog and even helped Hannah with her English homework.  In the evening I was sat on the sofa, watching TV, chatting with the kids as they wondered in and out.  Then it happened.  Not a big thing but not nice.  As I stood up from the sofa I lost my balance and fell.  I smashed my left leg into the corner of the sofa and my foot on the floor.  My right knee that I have problems with was jarred and at a funny angle.  I now have a lump and lovely bruise on my leg and bruising under the nail bed of my big toe.  The problem started when I went to bed. I usually sleep on my left side but because of the bruise that was too painful.  Turned to my right but that made my knee ache, tried sleeping on my back but my sinuses are bad because of hay fever.  So I spent most of last night tossing and turning looking for a comfortable position.  Finally after 1am I started to doze off when Alfie cat decided that was the best time to start meowing and scratching at my door, so I got up to let him in and the whole process of finding a comfortable position started again.  

Alfie the one o'clock door scratcher!


No comments:

Post a Comment