Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Finally

 A chance to write! 

The past couple of weeks have been busy.  Most of our students have returned, a lot have changed the day or time they come.  Which is great, except I need to get use to the new schedule.  One high school girl came the other day, I had forgot she had changed her day and I asked her "Why are you here?".  Fortunately she has a good sense of humor and just laughed at me.

Also I've been getting out a bit more.  I do local shopping once a week but haven't been out of this area for ages.  Last week Hannah had to pick up her text books for the new school year.  She was worried that she would have to get a lot of books and they would be heavy to carry from the campus to the train station, a 30 minute walk. I wanted to shop so Mikey took us in the car.  It was a nice ride out and lovely to see somewhere different.



Hannah's university entrance.

Also we have finally ordered a new stove top.  The one I have was getting very dangerous.  The places that balance the pot above the flame are broken and the pots keep sliding around, a few times I managed to catch them before they go on the floor.  The other ring keeps going out and with it being gas can be rather dangerous.  So the gas company will come on Monday to fit the new gas stove, which means I have been scrubbing out the kitchen all week.  I knew it was bad but  didn't realize just how bad.  The kitchen is in constant use, we make 3 meals a day plus there is always somebody making snacks or baking!  Any way I'll be glad to get the new stove top.

For Christmas David gave me a google hub that has a photo gallery on it.  The photos are from my google photos and come up at random, sometimes two photos on one frame.  The one last night made me laugh.  The one of the cat was Hannah messing with some filter, the other one is just David.  Usually when it is two photos it's the same person or just the animals. Wonder why these came together?

Alfie the cat and David.


No comments:

Post a Comment