Pages

Friday, April 29, 2022

Golden Week

 Yesterday was the first national holiday of Golden Week.

Golden Week consists of 4 national holidays,  Showa Day, Constitution Memorial Day, Greenery Day and Children's Day.  This year April 29th was the first holiday and the next three are on May 3rd, 4th and 5th.  A lot of places close and people take advantage of the long holiday to travel.  This year is going to be crazy as it's the first time in two years that there have been no restrictions on travel.  Yesterdays news was showing airports that were crammed with people going abroad.  Also many places in Japan will be packed.  

I have a long holiday this year but I don't want to go anywhere. Traffic jams and long queues are not my idea of fun.  My plan is to read, clean (as always) and make some materials for teaching!  I want to get in the garden but the weather is not good, yesterday I woke up to heavy rain and then very strong wind.  Today is sunny but the garden is full of water and mud, it'll need a few days to dry out!


No comments:

Post a Comment