Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

One Year

That's how long it has taken to get my bedroom cleaned and sorted!
This time last year David moved the furniture around.  We have 4 bedrooms so somebody has to share.  When hubby was alive we had the one room, Mikey and David had the biggest room while Hannah and Christopher had their own rooms.  After hubby died Hannah wanted to be with me, which is natural, so I decided that the boys could have their own rooms and Hannah and I would share the big room.  Great idea but moving things around took months.  Then my room became the dumping room.  Whenever there were things that we didn't know where to put they got dumped in my room.  After a year I forgot what the floor looked like.  Also my room is the last place I clean, the room for teaching gets done a lot,  the downstairs rooms get down, the kids rooms and finally my room.  By which time I have no energy!

The next problem is the garden.  One of hubby's friends is going to help.  I have ideas but don't know where to start.  I want to put grass and some nice flowers around the border.  One small place I want to grow a few vegetables and herbs, but not like before.  I don't have time for a high maintenance garden.  Simple and easy!

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling! The older I get the more I feel like I just do t have the energy like I used to. I love gardening but with everything else- I've realized that my garden has got to be low maintenance.

    ReplyDelete