Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

I'm back

I never went anywhere but we lost Internet connection for a few days!
We changed our Internet provider a few months ago and have had so many problems since then.
Poor David felt so responsible for everything since he pushed to change.  He tried so hard to get things working. He managed to get out lap top to connect but I left that on all day Saturday and burnt out the adaptor.  Finally on Tuesday we managed to get a service guy to come out and fix things up. So we are back.  3 of our 7 computers are connected plus the TV is connected, so we can watch YouTube! 
Not having the Internet was very interesting experience.  I realised how much time I waste on it.  I spend far too much time just messing around on it.  But it is also very useful.  I really missed being able to just google things, questions the kids asked or looking up recipes. 

I have finally managed to get most of the house sorted.  It's a nice feeling not to be living in absolute chaos all the time.  There is still too much stuff but I've made a great headway.  It's a start!  Must keep it up!
The next thing I have to tackle is my weight.  I know I've been saying that since forever but I'm starting to see that my life is being compromised because of my weight.  I'm having problems with my feet, some days it is so painful just to walk a few meters.  So I guess I should do something! But I love my food, it comforts me, fills me when I feel empty, which is pretty often these days.  Time to grow up and be responsible for my actions.  This for me is the biggest problem with loosing weight, it's not so much the physical feeling of being hungry, that I can deal with!  It's the fact that I use food for comfort, when I'm tired, stressed, fed up or feeling miserable food, especially sweets, are there to cheer me up!  Which is great until I step on the scale or look in the mirror!  I need to look inside myself to deal with these problems in a more constructive way!
Need to sit down and talk to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment