Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

MAY

How did it get to be May?  I can't believe how fast time is passing.  I feel as if we just celebrated the new year, but here we are in the fifth month!

The last two weeks of April got even more busy than usual.  I am still trying to sort out the down stairs rooms.  Managed to move the piano down room Mikey's room.  That was a big job involving moving four books shelves with all the books, reorganizing the books that we use for teaching and cleaning out where one of the book shelves were!  Big job, took 3 days.  Started on Saturday evening and finished just before teaching on Monday afternoon!

To add to my misery my insomnia kicked in!  I felt awful for about 10 days, just couldn't sleep.  I would go to bed and just lie there thinking.  I felt like I couldn't turn my brain off!  Bit better now, I can get a least 3 hours of sleep, it helps!

The kids have been busy.
Christopher has settled into his 2nd year. He had a meeting with his teacher about his future.  He hopes to get into university. The teacher encouraged him to study more and get better results on his tests!  I am pushing him as well.  Even this weekend is holiday he has to study a few hours a day!
Hannah is really into CATS the musical.  She watches the DVD at least once a week and spends hours on the Internet looking at pictures of the musical.  Today is her birthday so she is going to see CATS live with Mikey. Birthday treat.





Hannah's drawings and bead
Mikey helped out with some sort of ceremony.  We have no idea what it's called or the purpose of it!
A group of people walked the neighbourhood banging gongs and drums, very noisy but looked like fun.  Some the gongs dated back to the Edo period.  Mikey said that they were very heavy.



Mikey with the gong

 

David is working hard on his course.  He has to send in his first report soon,  I guess I won't be seeing much of him for next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment