Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Angry

Christopher has very mild asperger's syndrome.  Once he figures out the social cues needed in a situation he is okay.  He is good at school because he knows how to react, he has learnt what is appropriate and what is not. He still misses somethings, doesn't understand the difference between teasing and bullying, sulks a lot.  But part of that is being 16, not having his Dad around and being stressed by tests.  Also there is very little help here, I would love for somebody to sit with him and explain all the silly things that make up Japanese society and manners that are needed to get through each day!  But he is a sweet boy who needs a lot of love and encouragement!
This morning I was asking who was taking Hannah to her piano teacher's house.  I suggested Christopher.   David said no because the piano teacher thinks that Christopher is rude!  I am so angry at her judgement. She has met him twice maybe!  She hasn't asked why he behaved the way he did, I think he didn't say hello when he went in.  Some of the kids who come here are rude, really rude, wandering around the house, opening closets, saying things to me  which really rude for example asking why I have a fat arse!  Even though I get really mad at them I try to hold off on any judgement, my internal dialogue is not good but to the kids I explain in a firm voice that what they are doing is not right,  I also ask the parents if the kids have some problem, if they do (and a lot do) I adjust my expectations of the kids and try to help to develop the manners they need to live in this society.  I would never say to their family you are rude.
So I am angry, I am paying this woman to teach piano not judge my kids for something that they can't help!

No comments:

Post a Comment