Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2019

A Busy Couple Of Weeks

A couple of weeks ago David got sick.  Some kind of stomach bug, we had to take a taxi to
the local emergency clinic on a Sunday afternoon, as he had a fever of 39.9C.  Bit scary!
Nothing really bad but it meant that he couldn't cook for about a week so I was back in the
kitchen.  I enjoyed cooking but the evenings were rather hectic.  Most days I'm working from 6pm to 9pm so I need to get dinner started early and then have somebody finish off.  Also because Mikey was busy I had to walk to the supermarket to get what I needed.  It's only a 5 minute walk but I've gotten use to having a driver!  Still it's good for me!
Our dog is still crying at night and I think she has gotten use to night walks.  I am trying to go as well, we walk for between 20 to 30 minutes and most nights it is really nice.  One small thing that is rather worrying is these strange people we see.  One night a young man, dressed in all black was just standing in the  road. We saw him, then went round the block, when we came back round, about 5 minutes later he was still there.  Another night one older man was trying to walk down the road, Looks like he has been drinking.  Last week a young man stopped his car, got out and asked me (in Japanese) if I was a foreigner and if I was from a America, he then said thank you and drove off.  Rather weird!  I am use to people asking where I'm from or how long I've been in Japan but that is in the day time, not after 11pm!

Also last week I ended up at the dentist. My filling fell out!  The dentist was able to put it back and the tooth feels a lot better.

I have to start thinking about Christmas and putting the tree up in the teaching room.  I don't bother with one in the living room as I know the cats will attack it!

Steve, wondering what is happening


close up of Lucky

Mikey teaching

David with the kittens climbing up him

No comments:

Post a Comment