Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Pain In The Neck

Literally!  Woke up Saturday morning with a stiff neck.  Figured it would ease during the day but
it didn't!  I took some pain killers but didn't help!  By evening it was very bad.  Had a hot bath but no help. The pain was intense.  I couldn't move my neck at all, also every time I sneezed or coughed I got a shooting pain up into my head.  Eating was hard as I couldn't open my mouth properly.  Went to bed but gave up after half an hour, couldn't get comfortable at all, sat on the sofa all night1  By 5am I'd had enough, went to the local A&E by taxi.  Got in to see the doctor, had x rays, echo of my neck, pain killer injected into the area that hurt, and even had my heart checked to make sure I wasn't having a stroke!   Came back with a load of painkiller!  Finally managed to sleep for a few hours!
Still have a few twinges but feels a lot better!
Hannah has gone on her school ski trip, she will be away for four days! Hope she has a good time. Of course I will spend the time worrying.  I'm very busy this week as it is our last week for teaching this year!  So Christmas Parties for the kids classes.  Got the Christmas Tree up yesterday.  I'm not putting one in the living room, with the cats it wouldn't last long!


Christmas Tree

Lovely sunset on the way home from shopping
Our white cat, Steve, spent the best past of last week at the vets.  He has kidney problems like Alan.
Poor thing came back rather miserable.  He is getting better but not out of the woods as yet!

Where  his fur is missing is where he had a drip!  Poor boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment