Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Trying To Make Some Changes

Last year I wrote about trying to move more.  For a few month I managed to do that, cleaning around the house and yard, walking with Christopher and the dog, going to my mother in laws house and cleaning there.  But the summer came and I can't move in the heat and humidity without getting really sick.  Even in the house I ended up with heat stroke with a fever, headaches and nausea.  I tried to go to the supermarket and shopping malls to walk in there but it didn't really help.  As the weather has cooled down I'm trying again to move more, again walking the dog most evenings but I need more.  I realized that I can spend a day just sitting, which is very bad.  I'm on the boarder line for diabetes, which really scares me.  I watched this documentary about this disease and how awful it can get!  But at the moment the thought of dieting or eating healthy just doesn't inspire me.  I'm tired of not being able to enjoy the foods that I want to eat,  I'm tired of feeling guilty for eating a piece of cake or cookie.  I know that until my mind is in the game any attempt to diet will end in failure and me being more miserable than before.  So to help get more exercise in I have bought myself an exercise bike, just the peddle part, which means that it is small enough for my living room.  So sitting on a chair, watching TV and peddling away!  I thought that I could do 30 minutes a day but it is a lot harder than I thought it would be!  But I can do 10 minutes, every other day and walking the dog for about 20 minutes is a start.  I hope that as I get stronger then I can do more!

Our dog is still crying at night.  Christopher and I walked her at 10 o'clock last night for half an hour, I thought that she would be quiet after that but no, midnight we had to walk her again.  I would worry but my neighbor gets up at 4am to go to work and I don't like the idea of our dog keeping him up at night.  There is a way of groveling and apologizing in Japan that I don't like and don't want to do, so not making problems is the best.  One thing with walking late a night we can see the beautiful sky and watch the progress of the moon over the month!  Last night was a full moon, so beautiful.
Christopher took some photos with his phone, not good quality but you can get an idea.


And this is the reason I don't get mad at the dog.

Cute! She put this on herself but I don't know how!

No comments:

Post a Comment