Pages

Friday, June 8, 2018

Back Home

So I had the operation on June 1st.  Not too bad! I downloaded a load of
movies onto my Ipad to help pass the time!  Before the operation I was an
emotional mess, just crying and so wanting to run away!  I was not afraid of the
operation, more the anaesthesia.  The thought of being intubated scared me!
so I took a sleeping tablet and watched a movie.  But I think the choice of movie
was not a good one, it was about Anne Boleyn, the last scene was her walking up
to the platform to be executed!  The next morning I was wheeled down to the theater.
David and Hannah were at the hospital with me, they were left in a nice family room to wait.
I was taken into the theater and greeted by the doctors and nurses!  I walked to the
operating table, my thoughts were a complete mess, I don't want to do this, how can I
run away!  Got to the table, which is rather high, the nurse points to a step and tells
me to step up.  The scene from the movie flashes into my mind, this is how it ended
for Anne Boleyn!  Not helping my poor nerves at all.  But I don't remember much from that
point!  I felt a slight pinch in my arm and the next thing I was being woken up with the
nurse saying it's all over!

I stayed in hospital for a week.  Lots of stories to tell but at the moment not feeling 100%.
As I feel better I will write more!

1 comment: