Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Good, Bad and Oh Bother

I went back on Monday for an MRI and CT scan!
MRI's are not nice at all!  The noise is awful and I had to lie on my stomach for
almost an hour, not comfortable at all.  The CT scan was better, very quick but
I had some liquid put in to help with contrast, not a big thing but it makes one hot, really
hot.  In the MRI it went through slowly, I ended up sweating like crazy!  The CT scan was
another thing altogether!  Because the CT is quick the medicine went through very fast!
I felt like boiling water had been poured on the back of neck and stomach!

The good is that the cancer is only in the breast!  It hasn't spread, which is a great relief!
The bad is that I will have a full mastectomy, major operation!
And oh bother is that I am going in to hospital today, the operation is
scheduled for tomorrow!
I spent all Monday night crying and most of Tuesday!  I really don't want this to happen but I also don't want cancer!  I keep telling myself that this time next week it will all be over!
I'll update when I can.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and positive. You are a strong and brave woman who will like the Big C.
    Wish I could do more than just offer words.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete